Good evening and Happy Halloween! Thank you for stopping by during this month’s NC Demos Blog Hop! We are so glad you are here! Did you get a chance to see the fantastic project Amanda Howard is sharing? If not be sure to visit her page as you hop along with us tonight!
We know that like us you are experiencing the frustration of back orders and products that are not available for order right now. This problem isn’t just affecting our crafting lives, but other parts of our lives as well. I cannot even order the shampoo and conditioner I love from Amazon right now as it is out of stock. Who would have ever dreamed that Amazon would run out of shampoo and conditioner!??
So this month we are sharing projects that are cased but with a bit of a twist. The idea is to share projects using products we do have and can order. We were to go to ANY current Catalog, Online Kit or Paper Pumpkin and choose a project that we liked. Our project could be anything, card, 3D, decor piece, party favor etc..The twist is that we had to make the EXACT project BUT COULD NOT use ANY of the supplies used in the sample. This was a fun way to use what we already have and let us use the catalogs as the idea books they are to inspire our creativity!
So. the first thing I would like to do is to share a picture of the original project that I am casing from page 26 of the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. I will tell you that I do have all the products in this sample and had marked it with a sticky note as a project to case when the catty first came out in May. So, this month’s theme/challenge gave me a great chance to use this awesome technique and get a little creative.
You will find a list of the products I will use for my card at the bottom of this post, but in case you would like to make this original project here is the supply list along with the techniques used:
- STAMPS 154452 – Enjoy The Moment Cling Stamp Set
- PAPER 153081 – Misty Moonlight 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock, 155426 – Pattern Party Designer Series Paper, 159276 – Basic White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- INK 102283 – Versamark Pad, 147117 – Sahara Sand Classic Stampin’ Pad, 153118 – Misty Moonlight Classic Stampin’ Pad, 155778 – Soft Succulent Classic Stampin’ Pad
- TOOLS 104430 – Stampin’ Dimensionals, 152813 – Stampin’ Seal, 153611 – Blending Brushes EMBELLISHMENTS 155475 – Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack, 155555 – Metallics Embossing Powders
- INSTRUCTIONS PAGE #: STAMPS 26 CRAFTER LEVEL: Casual 154452 – Enjoy The Moment Cling Stamp Set PAPER 120953 – Crumb Cake 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock, 159276 – Basic White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock INK 147091 – Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin’ Pad, 147117 – Sahara Sand Classic Stampin’ Pad, 153114 – Cinnamon Cider Classic Stampin’ Pad, 153118 – Misty Moonlight Classic Stampin’ Pad, 155778 – Soft Succulent Classic Stampin’ Pad TOOLS 104430 – Stampin’ Dimensionals, 153611 – Blending Brushes
- INSTRUCTIONS TECHNIQUES: • Masking • Fussy cutting • Heat Embossing
And here is the card I created using the same layout and techniques.
I loved the monochromatic look of the DSP and cardstock on the original, but didn’t have any Blackberry Bliss DSP, so decided to create my own by stamping the leaves from Love of Leaves in Blackberry Bliss onto Highland Heather cardstock then embossing it with the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Don’t forget to use your Stampin’ Pierce Mat when stamping with Photopolymer stamps. It will give you clearer and more even images.
I am not a big fan of fussy cutting, so was happy to have the Stitched Leaves Dies to create my focal point. I think this a great card to share this Fall with a friend and this layout would be great with almost any stamp set! As a matter of fact I have one planned using the Seascape Bundle!
Thank you for letting me share my cased project. I hope it will inspire you to look at the catty in a different way and also to help you shake off you blues about what you can’t order, but what you can or to use what you already have!
I am all done for now and am off to see what Amy Kinler has created this month. I hope you will hop along with me. I am sure it will be great!
Thank you again for stopping by. Please let me know if you need help ordering any of the products I have shared or if you have questions about this project or technique. I would love to help you!
Stay Safe & Crafty!
October Blog Hoppers
Jo Anne Hewins
Tracie Evans Langley
Jo Anne Hewins
Tracie Evans Langley
NC Demos October 2021 Blog Hop – A Twist on the Case