Style: Clean & Simple – no more than 2 layers! We did not have to count our cardbase as a layer.
Color Scheme: In Colors (Any that are current) We could use other colors to as accents, but had to concentrate on the In Colors.
Accent/Embellishment: Ribbon or Twine
So, with that all said, here are the supplies, measurements and directions for this card:
- Seascape stamp set
- Rectangle Postage Stamp Punch
- Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Just Jade, Magenta Madness, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede ink
- Magenta Madness 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 & scored at 4 1/4
- Pool Party 4 x 5 1/4
- Basic White for the greeting
- 3 Apoxy Essentials Embellishments
- White Tissue Paper
Want to keep your crafting area neat and not sticky? Use your Silicone Craft Mat when using the Multipurpose Glue and attaching the tissue paper.
- Tear or cut the tissue paper into roughly a 5 x 6 piece. You want enough to wrap around the back of the cardstock.
- Randomly stamp the tissue paper in the following order: the coral in Magenta Madness, the seaweed in Just Jade, big fish in Crushed Curry, the little fish in Pumpkin Pie, the bubbles in Bermuda Bay and the sand in Soft Suede.
- Crumple up the tissue paper. Spread it back out and do a little Direct to Paper with the Pool Party ink pad You want to do this gently, just hitting the raised areas created by crumpling your paper.
- Decide where you want to place the tissue paper on the Pool Party cardstock. Remember to leave a little to wrap around the back.
- Remove the tissue paper and thinly spread Multipurpose Glue onto the Pool Party cardstock. Hint, use the bottom applicator on the bottle.
- Attach the tissue paper to the Pool Party cardstock. Remember that the wrinkles are what make this technique so cool. So, don’t smooth them all out. =-) Once the glue dries a little go back and adhere the edges of the tissue to the back of the cardstock.
- Stamp the greeting with Magenta Madness ink onto Basic White cardstock and punch out using the Rectangle Postage Stamp Punch.
- Attach the Faux Silk seascape to the Magenta Madness cardbase with Dimensionals.
- Attach the greeting tag to the Faux Silk seascape using Dimensionals.
- Finish the card by adding three Apoxy Essentials Embellishments.
Thank you so much for letting me share my challenge project with you. I hope you have been inspired to try your own! Please let me know if you have questions or would like to order any of the products that I have used. I would love to help you!
Now it’s time to hop on over to see what Sue Root has created. I know it will inspire me and hope you will be, too!