Saturday, October 20, 2018
Hi there! If you have been waiting all week for the next Chrstmas Card sample for the 12 of Weeks of Christmas campaign I want to apologize. I had a VERY exciting week starting with an emergency appendectomy last Sunday evening. I am recovering, but it has been a VERY slow process and you really don’t wait to see what I might have come up with for projects or posts while in terrible pain and/or on pain meds. It might have been interesting, but it might also have been a disaster! So, better late than nver is this week’s sample using the Winter Woods stamp set.
If you are in the Raleigh area and want to attend one of my Countless Christmas Cards events this is one of the samples from which you may choose this year. Look for more Countless Christmas Card Samples coming soon!
If you don’t live close enough to come stamp with me and want to make this serene Christmas card all of the details are below. If you have questons, need help or want to order any of the supplies I used please contact me. I would be happy to help you!
All images © 1990-2018 Stampin’ Up!®
Stamp sets: Winter Woods (147558)
Ink pads: Early Espresso (147114)
Paper: Mossy Meadow (133676), Very Vanilla Thick (144237), Very Vanilla (101650) All is Bright Designer Series Paper (147892)
Other: Big Shot (143263), Magnetic Platform (130658), Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372), Pinewood Planks Dynamic TIEF (143708), Sponge Daubers (141822) Stampin’ Spritzers (125185), Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine (147888), ¼” Copper Trim (144179), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Very Vanilla Thick 4 ¼ x 11, score at 51/2
- Mossy Meadow 4 x 5 ½
- All is Bright DSP 4 x 4 1/4
- Very Vanilla 1 1/8 x 3
- Copper Trim 5 inches
- Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine (Cherry Cobbler) 9 inches
- Cut all cardstock, DSP, twine and trim.
- Score and fold the Very Vanilla cardbase.
- Spritz the piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock with waterd and run it through the Big Shot. Set it aside to dry.
- Starting off the left side edge of the All is Bright DSP stamp the trees from the Winter Woods stamp set twice in Early Espresso ink. Be sure to go off the right side edge as well. Tear the bottom edge of the DSP and use a Sponge Dauber and Early Espresso
- Stamp the greeting on the Very Vanilla piece of cardstock in Early Espresso, then run it through the Shot using the squares from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Use the Magnetic Platform to hold everything in place.
- Use a Sponge Dauber and Early Espresso ink to distress the Vanilla cardstock.
- Attach the Mossy Meadow cardstock to the Very Vanilla cardbase using Stampin’ Dimensionals, then attach the All Bright piece onto the Mossy Meadow one also using Stampin’ Dimesionals.
- Pull the sides of Copper trim until you like it then attach with a little Tear & Tape on each end.
- Fold the Cherry Cobbler Cotton Trim into thirds and attach to the back of the piece of Very Vanilla, stamped with the greeting) using Tear & Tape. Cut the loops of the Cherry Cobbler Twine and then pull them apart to get the frayed look. Peal the backing off the Tear & Tape and attach it to your card.